Simply put, numerology is the study of the mystical relationship between our life and numbers. It is based on the numerical calculation of letters in names, with each letter having a corresponding number in numerology. These numbers can be used to evaluate your personality, life and even predict your future.
MomJunction's numerology calculator gives your path number, destiny number, personality number, and soul urge number. Just enter your name and date of birth to obtain the secrets related to your life and future.
Numerology is an age-old science that focuses on finding the essence of every personality. It is said to indicate the purpose of your life and the challenges, obstacles, and opportunities you might face. Like astrology, it claims to give you a hint on what can help and what cannot in your life.
Each person is associated with multiple numbers in numerology that are calculated in different ways. Each number indicates a certain phase of your personality or future.
The different indicators in numerology are:
1. Life path number: This is the most critical number in your numerology chart and is calculated using your birth date. It reveals your strengths, weaknesses, challenges, lessons, and events you are likely to face in your lifetime. This number can help you see the path more clearly and spot the opportunities.
2. Destiny number: This number is calculated using your first name and surname. It is also known as expression, name or namank number. It gives you a glance of your purpose in life. It describes your character, unveils your goals and gives you an idea on how to achieve them, and also lets you know the obstacles that can come your way.
3. Personality number: This number is calculated using the consonants in your first name. It is also known as the dream or inner-dream number. The number describes your personality and gives you an idea of how others see you. Knowing how others perceive you will help you overcome fallacious perceptions and let your inner soul shine through.
4. Soul number: This number is calculated using the numbers corresponding the vowels in your first name and surname. It is also known as soul urge number or heart desire number. It gives you an insight of your inner strengths, likes, dislikes, and resources. Simply put, it says who you are and reveals the inner self that you may have kept hidden from others.
The relationship between letters and numbers has existed for a long time. There are many types of numerology systems, of which three are the most popular – the Pythagorean (Western), the Chaldean and the Kabbalah systems. Every system is different in its methods of calculations and gives different interpretations.
1. The Pythagorean (Western) system
Its origins are linked to Pythagoras, the Greek mathematician who is renowned for his hypotenuse solution of a right triangle.It is also the system that repertuar.spb.ru uses here.
This system assigns letters of the alphabet to 1-9 numbers and calculates the life or soul number using the chart. The resultant number is reduced to a single digit value as the Pythagorean system works only on single digits.
2. The Chaldean system
Originated in ancient Babylon, this is one of the oldest numerology systems in the world. Here, the numbers assigned to each letter are not as systematic as in the Pythagorean method but are based on the vibrations of a specific letter.
This system uses a formula by assigning letters to the numbers 1 to 8, but no letter is assigned the number 9, which is considered a sacred or holy number. However, nine is accepted as a resultant number, when it comes as a final sum.
3. The Kabbalah system
This system, which originated from Hebrew mysticism, studies only the name. It includes 22 vibrations ranging from 1 to 400. As this system just takes the name and not the birth date into consideration, it is not widely used.
1. Consider your complete birth date. For instance – October 19, 1982
2. Bring down the month, day and year to a single digit number by adding them.
October, or 10th month
Add 1+0 = 1
Add the digits to get a single digit 1+0=1
1982 is the year of birth
Add them further to get a single digit 2+0=2
3. Add the resultant single digits to get your life path number.
Therefore, the Life Path number is 4.
Note: – The only exception to reducing the numbers to single digits is when you end up with 11, 22 and 33, which are called the Master numbers.
1. Consider your birth name. It can be your first name and surname. Middle name can also be included if you have one.
For instance – Isaac Sandeep
2. Assign each letter of the name a number as shown in the chart.
I = 9 S = 1
S = 1 A = 1
A = 1 N = 5
A = 1 D = 4
C = 3 E = 5
E = 5
P = 7
3. Now add the digits assigned to each name. If the resultant is a two-digit number add them again to bring it down to a single digit.
ISAAC (9+1+1+1+3) = 15 = 1+5 = 6
SANDEEP (1+1+5+4+5+5+7) = 28 = 2+8 = 10 = 1
4. Finally, add the individual destiny numbers to get the single digit that will be your final destiny number.
For Isaac Sandeep, it will be – 6 + 1 = 7
Therefore, the destiny number is 7.
The only exception to reducing the numbers to one digit is when you end up with 11, 22 and 33, which are called the Master numbers.
1. Consider your full birth name, and select only the consonants.
For instance – Frank Doe
F, R, N, K, D – Consonants
2. Assign each consonant a number from the chart.
F = 6
R = 9
N = 5
K = 2
D = 4
3. Now add up the numbers. If you get a two digit number, add them again to get a one-digit personality number.
6+9+5+2+4 = 26
Reducing to single digit, 2+6 = 8
Therefore, the personality number is 8.
1. Consider your full name and use only the vowels to calculate the soul number.
For instance – Anthony Kalu
A, O, A, U – Vowels
2. Assign a numerical value to each of the vowels in the name.
O = 6
A = 1
U = 3
3. Now add the values, and reduce to a single digit (unless it is a master number)
1+6+1+3 = 11
Therefore, the soul urge number is 11.
The name you choose should match your life path number (the number calculated from your birth date). This enables you to enjoy the benefits associated with the number, and also prevent any possible conflicts in the future. For best results, try various combinations of a name to check which is compatible with your birth date.
If there is no compatibility between your name number and life path number, you should check the bridge number, which can make the individual numbers in the chart more compatible. It could lessen the gap and make the relationship more agreeable. If the bridge number is not agreeable as well, you are likely to face sorrows, burdens, and failures. To avoid that, you may change your name.
The bridge number is the one which connects the two numbers and allows a smooth interaction of their energies. The difference between the name number and birth date number gives the bridge number. It helps you understand things that may be preventing you from leading a happy and fulfilled life.
For some, both the name and birth numbers would be the same. The bridge is still applicable because the energies of the numbers will be different. The name number signifies the characteristics of the person whereas the birth date signifies the events of the life.
Bridge number 0
You take the right decisions to succeed in life. You are confident and can accomplish your dreams without any difficulty. This is a very fortunate number and enables great progress in your life.
Bridge number 1
You are not sure of yourself; you believe more in others than in yourself. You assume that others are cleverer than you. But remember that you know yourself better than others, and your intuitive power is great. If you have confidence in yourself, you could be more successful.
Bridge number 2
You are a loving and pleasant person to deal with. However, others cannot find that in you. You should be tactful in your dealings and need to be practical and diplomatic. You are not attentive to others at times, which could lead to misunderstandings. You should be polite to avoid conflicts.
Bridge number 3
You have a serious demeanor and are usually a little stressed, a trait that can complicate your life. You should communicate and interact more with others, learn to prioritize things and relax. Apply your talents in creativity that could help you in a positive way.
Bridge number 4
Your success is based on the ability to concentrate on a particular thing. Do not take the risk of losing big opportunities that come your way. Be more realistic and look at a broader perspective. You should not be laid back about your business but try to do everything efficiently.
Bridge number 5
Your choices will not discern with your originality. You may not realize how innovative you are, but you will succeed regardless of how you approach a task. You may have to take a risk at times and be open to ideas. You are often too rigid, which is not a trait you need for achievement. Try to become tolerant to change.
Bridge number 6
You are creative which reflects in anything you deal with. Expressing your ideas and thoughts helps you succeed personally. Relationships play a significant role in your life. You should, therefore, pay attention to maintaining healthy relationships with close ones and try spending more time with the family.
Bridge number 7
You ponder deep into every issue. You are constantly in search of truth in life and are solitary by nature. You develop philosophical thoughts and feel happy when you do. You do not do anything quickly and take time to analyze everything before taking up a task. You are full of questions and long for solitude to find the right answers.
Bridge number 8
You lack a sense of purpose and are not ambitious. However, modern life helps you set goals. Though you may be uncomfortable in making efforts to reach the goal, you will feel great when you attain it. You need to be more practical and hardworking. You should know that money and material assets are not the only things in life. Your success will be in achieving non-materialistic goals.
11, 22, and 33 are known as Master numbers. They require unique attention and emphasis and have more potential than the other single digit numbers. They are difficult to handle, highly charged with energy, and take time to be incorporated into an individual’s personality. These three numbers form the Triangle of Enlightenment, where 11 represents vision, 22 vision with action and 33 offers guidance to the world.
The life path 22 is the most potent and influential number. People with 22 as their life path number are the most significant innovators and thinkers in the world and use their ideas to change others’ lives. They do well in politics and business.
Good numbers are the ones which show a good impact on one’s life, although it depends on individual beliefs. They are proposed depending on a person’s name, first name, surname, date of birth, etc. Some of the good numbers in numerology include 1, 3, 7, 9, 15, 21, 25, 31, 33, 37, 43, 49, 51, 63, 67, 69, 73, 75, 79, 87, 93, 99…
Bad numbers are the ones which show a negative impact on one’s life. They also depend on a person’s belief or experience with that particular number. 13 and 4 are often regarded as bad numbers.
Numerology has an impact on a baby’s soul and affects his/her chances of success in life. The fact is that your name is entwined with your destiny. The moment you name your baby using numerology, the name is going to become his/her lifelong companion. The right name can help your baby have an idea about the goals to pursue in life. A perfect name paves the way for a brighter future for the baby.
Astrology is the study of planets, their movements and their influence on human lives. The calculations are based on the positions of the sun, moon, and stars at the time of a person’s birth. Numerology is the study of numbers and their influence on human lives. The calculations are based on the date of birth and the name of a person. Both astrology and numerology can offer solutions and insights into your life, provided you believe in them.
Disclaimer: The Numerology Calculator does not save any of the information or data you provide. It is safe to use and share with others. Numerology is a matter of one’s belief.