Jump To Specific Section:
- Fun Trivia Questions
- Bible Trivia Questions
- Sports Trivia Questions
- Science Trivia Questions
- Movie Trivia Questions
- History Trivia Questions
- Silly Trivia Questions
- Music Trivia Questions
Were you ever woken up in the middle of the night to answer “Why doesn’t the dog wear pants?” Well, you can never know what your kid might ask you. They are growing, and they need answers to a lot of things, which means you would have to answer every ‘who, what, when, where, why, how’! And that can be daunting.
If you are looking for something to keep the budding kids curious and entertained at the same time, then try our inquisitive set of trivia questions for kids, which covers almost all the categories kids love to question.
A trivia is a collection of witty questions and answers, where the questions are categorized into interesting types of easy and hard questions, funny and random questions, sports and science questions, and music and movie questions, and what not! It is fun to keep your kids engaged and help them in the learning phase.
Fun Trivia Questions For Kids
Want to make your kids scratch their heads to find the answers? Then give them these tricky and fun trivia questions, to begin with.
1. In which city was the Titanic launched?
2. What is the most widely spoken language in Brazil?
3. What does the white dove symbolize?
4. Who is Shrek’s wife?
5. What is the first letter of the Greek alphabet?
6. How many milligrams make a gram?
7. Who is the world’s fastest land animal?
8. Who is the world’s largest land animal?
9. Which bird has the largest wingspan?
10. From which language did the word “Ketchup” come?
Hope these kids trivia questions proved to be easy and joyous. Time to move to the next category.
[ Read: Fun Reading Activities For Kids ]
Bible Trivia Questions
Time to switch up levels. After a little fun, a difficult level won’t hurt. Let’s proceed to the Bible trivia questions. They are a plus one level of the previous one.
11. In which city was Jesus born?
12. How many books are there in the New Testament?
13. What insect did John, the Baptist, eat in the desert?
14. Who were the first apostles known to follow Jesus?
Answer. Peter and Andrew
15. How many people did Jesus Christ feed with five loaves of bread and two fish?
Answer. About 5000 men
16. After Jesus was arrested, which apostle disowned him thrice?
17. Who recognized Jesus as the Messiah when he was presented at the Temple in his infancy?
18. Who asked the Pilate for Jesus’ body after the crucifixion?
Answer. Joseph of Arimathea
19. Paul was shipwrecked on which island?
20. Which is the shortest book in the New Testament?
Random Trivia Questions For Kids
How about going a bit random now? The high minds might be tired by now, answering the above advanced ones. Let’s ease them with some random trivia questions which kids can answer as they pop the fruits.
21. A common garden insect
22. A yellow fruit
23. A building where movies are shown
24. Creatures that lived millions of years ago
25. Birds lay these
26. The color of grass
27. You wear this on your head
28. The liquid inside a pen
29. The seventh month of the year
30. What you do to a football
31. The opposite of dark
32. Something to wipe your feet on
33. Something you hit with a hammer
34. A sea creature with eight legs
35. A place that you may go to play
[ Read: Educational Learning Activities For Kids ]
36. Another word meaning fast
37. You might tie something up with this
38. Something you stick on an envelope
39. A shape with just three sides
40. Something to keep you dry in the rain
41. Something to put flowers in
42. North, south, east, and
43. A picture that shows your bones
44. Something you do when you feel tired
45. A place to see lots of animals
Sports Trivia Questions For Kids
Let them warm up a bit and freshen up their minds for the energetic and kid-friendly sports trivia questions and answers. These are quite fun and playful and will set some relaxed moods for the entire trivia session.
46. How many gold medals did Carl Lewis win at the 1984 Olympic Games?
47. Which team won gold and bronze medals in the Asian Archery Grand Prix held on March 12, 2013?
48. Which sport is P.V. Sindhu associated with?
49. What is the world’s most popular spectator sport?
Answer. Auto Racing
50. Where were the first Commonwealth Games (1930) held?
Answer. Hamilton (Canada)
51. Between which teams was the final of the Sultan Afzal Shah Hockey Tournament 2012 played?
Answer. New Zealand and Argentina
52. Where were the 27th (1996) Summer Olympic games held?
53. How big is the diameter of a basketball hoop, in inches?
54. Who has been named as the White Lightning in the game of cricket?
Answer. Allan Donald (South Africa)
55. Which sport used the word ‘home run’, long before baseball used it?
56. Which Indian trophy is associated with football?
Answer. Santosh Trophy
57. In men’s decathlon, what is the second event of day one?
Answer. Long jump
58. Which country topped the medal tally in XXV Olympics held at Barcelona?
59. In which year did the first Commonwealth Games take place?
60. Ben Johnson, the well-known athlete, belongs to which country?
61. Which country has hosted the Asian Games for the maximum number of times?
62. Who is the only cricketer to score two centuries in a World Cup?
Answer. Rahul Dravid
63. Where did India play its first one-day international match?
Answer. Headingley, England
64. Which is the Cup associated with hockey?
Answer. Agha Khan Cup
65. The first Wimbledon tournament was held in
66. Which sport uses the biggest pitch, in terms of area?
67. Which batsman started his International cricketing career at a very young age of 16?
Answer. Sachin Tendulkar
68. Which country hosted the 2008 Olympic Games?
69. Which indoor sport is the most popular in the US?
70. In which sport can you get into a headlock?
71. In which country was golf first played?
72. Which is the sport where you could be out “leg before wicket” or “hit a six”?
73. Which is the sport wherein you would use a “sand iron”?
74. How big is the diameter of a basketball hoop, in inches?
[ Read: Communication Games For Kids ]
Good Trivia Questions For Kids
And now when we already know that they are enjoying it, let’s drive their knowledge to some good and simple trivia questions.
75. Which Dutch painter cut off a part of his ear?
Answer. Vincent van Gogh
76. In which country is the Great Barrier Reef?
77. What color is chlorophyll?
78. What is the capital of Thailand?
79. How many points are scored for a touchdown in American football?
80. Which soft green egg-shaped fruit comes from New Zealand?
Answer. The Kiwi fruit
81. Who was the youngest Beatle?
Answer. George Harrison
82. What language do the people of Brazil speak?
83. Who lives at number four, Privet Drive?
Answer. Harry Potter
84. In which city is the cathedral of Nôtre Dame?
85. What color is the middle stripe of the French flag?
86. Who wrote a famous diary while hiding from the Nazis in Amsterdam?
Answer. Anne Frank
87. Who directed Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and ET?
Answer. Steven Spielberg
88. Who was the leading actress in Sleepless in Seattle and You’ve Got Mail?
Answer. Meg Ryan
89. What is the family name of JFK?
90. How many players are there in a baseball team?
91. What is the national sport of Japan?
Answer. Sumo Wrestling
92. In which country was Buddha born?
93. What was Picasso’s nationality?
94. Whose nose grew longer every time he lied?
95. On what date did Osama Bin Laden’s Al Qaeda organization attack America?
Answer. September 11th
96. In which galaxy do we live?
Answer. The Milky Way
97. In which year did the Titanic sink?
98. Who painted The Scream?
Answer. Edvard Munch
99. Who directed The Seven Samurai?
Answer. Akira Kurosawa
100. Which is the smallest breed of dog?
Answer. The Chihuahua
101. Which French wine is released every year on the third Thursday of November?
Answer. Beaujolais Nouveau
102. Who does Alice follow to a hole into Wonderland?
Answer. The White Rabbit
103. On what date do people of England eat Christmas dinner?
Answer. December 25th
104. Who sang Yellow Submarine?
Answer. The Beatles
Science Trivia Questions For Kids
Time to test those little minds again and ask them some questions on the science of things.
105. Which metal is heavier – silver or gold?
106. How many legs do butterflies have?
107. Which is the country with the most people?
108. What is Aurora Borealis commonly known as?
Answer. Northern Lights
109. Which is the most common non-contagious disease in the world?
Answer. Tooth Decay
110. What is the largest mammal in the world?
Answer. Blue Whale
111. What is the rhino’s horn made of?
112. What is the hardest substance in the human body?
Answer. Tooth enamel
113. What is the longest type of cell in the body?
Answer. The nerve cell (neuron).
114. Which is the rarest blood type in humans?
Answer. AB negative
115. How much salt does the average human body contain?
Answer. Around 250 grams
116. Where would you find your pinna?
Answer. It’s your outer ear (the bit you see made out of cartilage)
117. What’s the lifespan of a human red blood cell?
Answer. Around 120 days
118. What food makes up nearly all (around 99%) of a Giant Panda’s diet?
119. How many legs does a spider have?
120. What are baby goats called?
121. What type of animal is the largest primate in the world?
Answer. The Gorilla
122. What is the only continent on earth where Giraffes live in the wild?
123. What is the name of the phobia that involves an abnormal fear of spiders?
Movie Trivia Questions For Kids
Movie time guys! When your kids are almost exhausted with the sci-fi trivia, then it’s time to recall your favorite scenes as the next category is the movie trivia questions.
124. Name the seven dwarfs in Snow White?
Answer. Sneezy, Sleepy, Dopey, Doc, Happy, Bashful, Grumpy
125. What is the name of the red car in the movie Cars?
Answer. Lightning McQueen
126. What’s the name of the famous Big Red Dog?
127. What type of fish is Nemo?
Answer. A clownfish
128. What is the name of Shrek’s princess?
Answer. Princess Fiona
129. What is the name of the piggy bank in the Toy Story?
130. What is the Little Mermaid’s name?
131. What is the wood-carvers name in Pinocchio?
132. What is the name of the princess in Princess & The Frog?
133. What is the name of the lead pirate in Pirates of the Caribbean?
Answer. Captain Jack Sparrow
134. What is the little girl’s name who stars in Bolt’s television series?
135. What are the names of the two old men Muppets in the balcony?
Answer. Statler and Waldorf
136. What is the name of the wooly mammoth in Ice Age?
Answer. Manfred (Manny)
137. What zoo are the animals from in Madagascar?
Answer. Central Park Zoo
138. What is the Panda’s name in Kung Fu Panda?
139. In the Disney Pixar movie Monsters Inc., who is the company’s best scarer?
History Trivia Questions For Kids
The aliens, the Indus Valley civilization, Alexander the great, and what not. Rooted to history? Then it is time to dive into some history trivia questions, to get some crunchy answers from their whispering tongues.
140. In which country are the ancient pyramids located?
141. Who was the first American president?
Answer. George Washington
142. Who was the first man to step on the moon?
Answer. Neil Armstrong
143. Nobel peace prize is named after
Answer. Alfred Nobel
144. Who wrote the play, Hamlet?
Answer. William Shakespeare
145. Where did the ancient Olympic Games originate?
146. Which scientist invented the lightbulb?
Answer. Thomas Edison
147. Which was the first country to use paper money?
148. What are the Wright brothers famous for?
Answer. Inventing the airplane
149. What is the name of the first atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan?
Answer. Little Boy
150. Who painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?
151. Who was the writer of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland?
Answer. Lewis Caroll
152. Which famous person was the teddy bear named after?
Answer. Theodore Roosevelt
153. Which is the smallest ocean in the world?
Answer. Arctic Ocean
[ Read: Ways To Raise Children Imagination ]
Silly Trivia Questions For Kids
Being kids and not being silly? Now that isn’t allowed. Give your kids some relief by asking these good and silly trivia questions. Let them have some fun and learning, together.
154. The marriage of Henry VII to Elizabeth, the daughter of Edward IV, ended what 15th century war?
Answer. Wars of the Roses
155. Which follower of cult leader Charles Manson tried to assassinate then-president Gerald R. Ford?
Answer. Lynette (Squeaky) Fromme
156. Who was the Secretary of Defense under George H.W. Bush?
Answer. Dick Cheney
157. The biggest baby in the world belongs to
Answer. A blue whale
158. On which TV show did the toilet ever appear?
Answer. Leave It To Beaver (1957)
159. What is illegal to be eaten with cherry pie, in Kansas?
Answer. Ice cream
160. Do you know what the first puck used in ice hockey made of?
Answer. Frozen cow dung
161. What kind of a creature is a bustard?
Answer. A bird
162. The so-called “kitchen debate” took place in 1959 between which two world leaders?
Answer. Vice President Richard Nixon and Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev
163. What goes into the frog of a soldier?
Answer. His bayonet
164. What is the name of the vehicle that Scooby Doo and his friends travel in?
Music Trivia Questions For Kids
This is the golden moment when you hum your favorite music to relax for the next category. These soothing music trivia questions are for kids and parents as well.
165. Which American singer had a hit with ‘Shake it Off’ in 2014?
Answer. Taylor Swift
166. Who won the 2014 series of Strictly Come Dancing?
Answer. Caroline Flack
167. Complete the song title from the 2014 Lego Movie, ‘Everything is…’?
168. What year did One Direction appear on The X Factor?
169. What’s the name of Postman Pat’s cat?
170. Cheryl Fernandez-Versini was a part of which popular girl band?
Answer. Girls Aloud
171. Which was the album the Beatles recorded the last time together?
Answer. Abbey Road
172. Which instrument did Miles Davis, the jazz musician, play?
173. In which country did reggae music originate?
174. What was the name of Cold Play’s first album released in July 2000?
Easy Trivia Questions
Not that the ones earlier were so tough, or were they? Well, if they were then here are a set of some easy trivia questions that are sure to appeal to you and your kindergarten!
[ Read: Learning School Activities For Kids ]
175. In which capital city of Europe would you find the Eiffel Tower?
176. On what continent would you find The River Nile?
177. What money is used in Germany?
178. What is the capital city of Australia?
179. In England, where would you find The Shard?
180. What is the name of the biggest ocean on Earth?
181. In which American city would you find the Golden Gate Bridge?
Answer. San Francisco
182. Helsinki is the capital city of which country?
183. Which state is the biggest in the US?
184. Which country has the largest area of land?
185. How much does a liter of water weigh?
Hard Trivia Questions For Kids
The previous set was ‘duh, easy!’ Let’s push the difficulty level a notch higher then. We bring you some tough and hard trivia questions to gear up the curious minds.
186. What is the longest suspension bridge in North America?
Answer. Verrazano-Narrows in New York
187. The highest temperature ever recorded in the U.S. was in which state?
188. What building is on the back of the $20 bill?
Answer. White House
189. Excluding the U.S. and Iraq, in which country does the U.S. military have the largest portion of its armed forces stationed?
190. Name the top three causes of death in the U.S.
Answer. Heart disease, Cancer, Stroke
191. Thirteen-year-old Sameer Mishra won the 2008 National Spelling Bee with the word guerdon (pronounced gur-dun), meaning “reward”. Spell it.
Answer. G U E R D O N
192. What nationality was Chopin?
193. What’s the best known artificial international language?
194. Who lived at 221B, Baker Street, London?
Answer. Sherlock Holmes
195. What nationality was Marco Polo?
196. Where was Christopher Columbus born?
197. When did the First World War start?
198. Who invented the electric light bulb?
Answer. Thomas Edison
199. What does the Roman numeral C represent?
200.What is the first letter on a typewriter?
201. What is Japan’s currency called?
[ Read: Benefits Of Storytelling For Kids ]
English Trivia Questions For Kids
Indeed English is one language that is spoken across various countries. When it is so common, we ought to ask you a couple of quiz questions on it. So, let’s bring in the ultimate English trivia questions for kids.
202. What English word becomes its opposite when the letters FE are in front of it?
203. In the word pretty, the E is pronounced like a short I. In women, the O is pronounced like a short I. In what familiar 4-letter word is U pronounced like a short I?
204. Name a part of the body that begins with the letter L. Change the L to T and, phonetically, you’ll name another part of the body. What is it?
Answer. Tongue, Lung
205. You catch a fish, a cold, and your breath. What do you do to a street, your heart, and swords?
206. The name of a well-known American actress contains the five vowels (A,E,I,O,U) exactly once, though not in that order. The consonants in her name are B,J,L,R,S, and T (not in that order). Who is she?
Answer. Julia Roberts
207. Name the only book William Shakespeare ever wrote?
Answer. The Complete Works of William Shakespeare
208. Who wrote The Autobiography of Mark Twain?
Answer. Mark Twain
209. Who wrote Treasure Island?
Answer. Robert Louis Stevenson
210. Who wrote Julius Caesar, Macbeth, and Hamlet?
Answer. William Shakespear
211. Who wrote the James Bond books?
Answer. Ian Fleming
212. What is another word for a lexicon?
213. What is someone who shoes horses called?
Answer. A farrier
214. What is the opposite of ‘cheap’?
215. What is the synonym for ‘strange’?
[ Read: Panchatantra Stories For Kids ]
So, you guessed them all correct? Else, make a note of every category you made mistakes in and start afresh for reloaded fun. We hope you enjoyed playing the trivia with your kids and we would love to know your favorite trivia. Let us know in the comments box below.
- Garden Activities For Kids
- Team Building Activities For Kids
- Language Activities For Kids
- Number Activities For Kids
Latest posts by Surbhi kanur (see all)
- 215 Intriguing Trivia Questions & Answers For Kids - March 3, 2017
- 11 Valentine’s Week Dreams That Usually Go Kaput - February 15, 2017
- How Long It Takes Your Bump To Go Down After Birth - February 10, 2017